Moms everywhere are contemplating homeschooling for the very first time. So here are 7 tips to encourage any mom considering homeschooling this fall. Read the blog post or listen now on Itunes!
Homeschooling Tailored To The Individual Learner
Homeschooling at it’s finest is not based on a one-size-fits-all approach. When a supportive adult is there to offer insight, check for understanding and ultimately to encourage, children thrive.
Think about it this way. Can you read? Then you can learn and facilitate learning.
Some Homeschool Tips We’ll Be Discussing
- Look for programs that are made for homeschool parent teachers.
- Partner with your child. Dig in to topics of interest.
- Just a few minutes of focused one-on-one teaching at home can equal an entire class period.
- When homeschooling, you create the plan specific to your child’s wiring, needs and interests. AND… you include your capacity, wiring and interests as well.
- Always think: What’s the goal? Learning.
Links And Resources From This Podcast
Podcast Audio Text- Beginning Homeschooler
Looking for homeschool tips for beginners? You’re not alone. Moms everywhere are contemplating homeschooling for the very first time. Sadly, many are hesitant because they mistakenly believe they aren’t qualified to teach their children.
If this is you, let me reassure you. As an educator myself, I am confident that you can do this.
Key Ideas And Concepts About Tips For The Homeschool Beginner
Your Kid is Not Everyone Else’s Kid
Homeschooling at it’s finest is not based on a one-size-fits-all approach.
Children thrive when an invested adult offers one-on-one support in a safe environment.
Shift your thinking and co-learn alongside your child.
Can you read? Then you can learn and facilitate learning.
Homeschool curriculum is made with the parent-teacher in mind.
Processing aloud with your child yields incredible fruit.
Conversation activates areas of the brain that are not employed through passive listening.
Homeschooling is time efficient.
Just a few minutes of focused one-on-one teaching at home can equal an entire class period.
There are no rules about when and where learning takes place.
When homeschooling, you create the plan
What’s the goal? Learning.
Read good books, grab some solid homeschool programs, and follow your child’s interests.
You can do this!
Select What You Want To Hear
In the above podcast player, you can use the episode chapter icon (bottom center) to select what you want to hear. Also you can use the pop up icon (far right) to share this podcast on social media or download it for later listening. Enjoy!
- [01:42] Your Kid Is Not Like Anyone Else’s Kid
- [03:18] You Don’t Have To Be An Expert
- [04:03] Co-Learning & Power Of Conversation
- [05:10] No Wasted Time
- [05:57] Learning Is Always Happening
- [06:53] Freedom To Choose
- [07:40] If You Want This, You Can Do This
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.